Disclaimer....Okay...I'm going to try this again! I already did this earlier today and spent about 3 hours doing it. I was all the way to the end of November and my post disappeared! UGH!!!! I will get as much as I can get done now and then will add to it as the days go on and time permits. When this message is removed, I will be done!
With the new year upon us, I felt the need to take a break from my 30 day challenge (which is probably going to turn into a 60 day challenge at the rate I'm going!) and reflect back on the year 2011. It's 2012 and I am really thankful for where I've been and even more excited for where I'm going! I got this idea from my friend, Tiffany, who is also doing the 30 day challenge! This is kind of going to serve as a journal/diary/reflection of the past year....so here goes!!!!
- We experienced the Ice Storm of Atlanta! While the city was shut down for a week due to the ice, I was at a differentiated instruction conference in Orlando! I'm glad I went because I learned a lot!
- I started this blog!
- I started a twitter account...well, a few of them! lol
- I began to further and more deeply seek out my purpose in the educational realm.
- I had the pleasure of meeting our first lady, Michelle Obama with my son, Elijah....what an honor!
- March was pretty uneventful! Jacob attended his first basketball banquet. He really enjoyed basketball as it was his first season playing.
- I was able to chaperone a field trip to Savannah, GA for my son's class (Elijah). We toured Savannah State, visited an old church, another church that was used during the Underground Railroad to house slaves that were escaping to freedom, took a walk on River Street, visited Jekyll Island, visited an old battlefield, and took a Riverboat tour. It was literally a 24 hour field trip! Quality time with my baby....priceless!
- We were fortunate enough to take the kids to Orlando for Spring Break. Disney World was beautiful, as always!!!
- Visited with my friend, TJ and his family.
- Elijah played baseball at Columbia High School. He was only in the 8th grade!
- I went to Chicago for the first time! I had a ball! I think I could live there....especially on Madison Avenue!
- I participated in the Lupus Walk in memory of friend from high school, Marcelle Williams (he passed away just short of his 30th birthday) and in honor of my coworker, Dr. Latoya Doby-Holmes. I raised a little under $500.00 for the walk.
- Elijah attended 2 football camps and did well at both.
- I had the honor of attending the baby shower of my dear friend, Stacie. She is one of those friends that "gets me." We've been friends for about 10 years and although we don't talk every day, when we do talk, we pick right back up where we left off.
- I also attended my first residency for my doctoral program in Phoenix, AZ. My mom lives there so I got to spend some quality time with her as well.
- I also got to go to California for a few days and spend some time with family and friends. My nephew, Kingston also got dedicated back to the Lord while I was there.
- My baby, Jacob celebrated his 7th birthday!
- We found out that Elijah got accepted into Decatur High School. This was HUGE for us as we decided that we were going to sacrifice and do what we needed to do to ensure his educational success, and expose him to another culture and climate. He is also playing Varsity football there...more to come in the month of September!
- TONS of baseball games and tournaments!
- We took our annual trip to Myrtle Beach, SC. We've been going for about the past 11 years. Besides going to the beach, we've now found TONS of other things to do there!
- Melvin celebrated his birthday.
- We celebrated our 13 year anniversary.
- Elijah started high school and began playing Varsity football for DHS.
- Jacob started 2nd grade.