Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Our First Lady....



What an amazing day I have had today!!! I was Blessed to be able to spend some quality time with my 13 year old son today and take him to see Our First Lady, Mrs. Michelle Obama speak about getting fit and eating right. Her passion for this topic shines through her speech! She spoke about the plethora of changes that have been made just in the past year as a result of this new campaign that she has implemented. After she was done speaking, she started to shake hands....



Let me back up....first we were placed in an overflow room to watch her speech so we were kind of....hmmm....should I say "salty" about that! At the end of her speech when she began to shake hands in the room that she was in, the curtain in OUR room went up and the lights on the stage came on. Everyone ran up to the fence including us! We were on the front row of the fence and then all of a sudden....THERE SHE WAS!!!!! She was a vision in her cream colored suit and decorative broach. She was absolutely breathtakingly gorgeous! She made her way along the fence shaking hands and taking pictures. When she walked up to me, she shook my hands and looked into my eyes and said, "Pleasure to meet you." I smiled sooooo big and said, "You are such an inspiration...thankyou for that!" She replied..."Awww....thankyou!"



THEN she moved on to my son. When I tell you that I broke down into what Oprah calls the "ugly cry!"...I did! LOL! She shook his hand, gave him a hug and had about a minute conversation with him. She asked him his name, how old he was, how his grades were, and if he was handling his business. Then she said, "I have a daughter about your age, I'm gonna be watching you!" He couldn't stop smiling and neither could I!



For her to take her time out and shake everyone's hands, take pictures, and even personalize the conversations was amazing! I will NEVER forget this day for as long as I live. To be able to meet a first lady, let alone the first lady of the FIRST African American President of the United States of America was a humbling experience that I was honored to share with my son.

No comments:

Post a Comment