Sunday, December 25, 2011

Day 4-What I ate today...

So, this blog should have been done yesterday...guess that means I'll just be doing 2 today.  This, I must admit is probably going to be pretty boring.  I'm sure you don't really want to know what I ate yesterday but that's what it calls for so here goes!

Breakfast was a cup of coffee with caramel macchiato creamer.

Lunch was a grilled cheese sandwich and some kettle chips.

Dinner was a double cheeseburger meal from McDonalds with a coke.  I added Big Mac sauce to the double cheeseburger.  Mmmm......

That's what I ate.  I know it was not healthy at all but with all of the running around I was doing yesterday, that's the best I could do!

For Christmas dinner today I will be cooking dinner.  As a matter of fact it's 1:12pm and I'm almost done!  I made some spinach dip to snack on throughout the day.  For dinner we will be having:

  • smoked turkey breast (from Honey Baked Ham...I don't cook turkey!)
  • collard greens
  • macaroni and cheese
  • rice
  • black eyed peas
  • sweet potatoes
  • rolls
  • roasted brussel sprouts
  • roasted carrots 
  • red velvet cake (from Picadilly)
  • warm apple pie (Mrs. Smiths)
  • white pie (it's a no bake cheese cake that we make every Christmas)
I am so excited to finally sit down and eat!  The one thing that I wish I had in addition to all of this is this stuffing that my mom makes with sage and apples.  It's sooooo good!!!!  BUT, since she's not here and I'm not there, this won't be happening this year!  Guess she and my brothers will enjoy it for me in California!

I hope that everyone is having a very Merry Christmas!  Remember the reason that we are celebrating today and hug everyone a little bit tighter!  There are people out there with no one to celebrate with.  I KNOW that I am blessed...abundantly!  

No comments:

Post a Comment